The Senior Systems & Cloud Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the stability of our existing datacenter infrastructure and future expansion into new Datacenters and Hybrid cloud efforts. These efforts will including planning, optimization, configuration, and security validation.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Azure/AWS and will be able to demonstrate skills in a similar role.
The Engineer will work in cooperation with Technical and Operational staff ensuring that monitoring capabilities are in line with operational needs.
Technical skills/experience required:
What do we currently use:
- Hyperconverged Platforms (VXrail, Nutanix)
- Cloud services: AWS/Azure
- Backup Software: VEEAM, HYCU and Cloud Native Backup configurations.
- Office 365, Azure AD/AWS AD Services, Active Directory (GPO Management, sites and services, File/Folder permissions and other security configurations)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2019,2022
- Cloud optimization techniques: Fargate, FSx, Storage Gateway and other Serverless configurations
- Automation technologies (Ansible, Terraform)
Exposure to the following technologies:
- Monitoring tools and technologies: LibreNMS and Syslog
- Backup technologies & experience with disaster recovery methodologies
- Load Balancing (Kemp Loadmaster, ITD and Route53/Traffic Manager)
- Server and Endpoint Security suites
- Networking (Cisco, Security groups)
- Experience with the ability to work with a global team of engineers working in a follow the sun model
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve and document issue resolutions under pressure
- Pro-Active with the ability to apply common sense when and where needed
- Flexibility in terms of commitment to the job & hours
- Ability to ‘translate’ and explain complex environments into simple and presentable formats